Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Business and Computer Technology
Common Core ELA
Common Core Math
Common Inservice - October 11, 2010
Elementary - Intermediate
Elementary - Primary
Family and Consumer Science
General Technology Resources
Health and Physical Education
Math - Online Resources for High Level Tasks
Add "All Pages"
Math - Online Resources for High Level Tasks
Online Resources for High Level Tasks
- The sites listed below are ever changing and contain content of varying degrees of cognitive demand. Some of the websites contain resources which are completely free while others only have a few free samples and the complete resource involves a fee. Have fun hunting!
a professional resource for educators passionate about improving students' mathematics learning and performance. This site features
of innovative teaching methods and insights into student learning,
tools for mathematics instruction
that teachers can use immediately, and
of the ideas and materials on the site.
These secondary level, written tasks, are a rich set of sample instructional tasks that exemplify expectations leading to Achieve's college- and career-ready standards. These tasks cover a range of student expectations and include a variety of solution strategies.
From 1993 to 2003, the
**Balanced Assessment in Mathematics Program**
existed at the
**Harvard Graduate School of Education**
. The project group developed a large collection of innovative mathematics assessment tasks for grades K to 12. The library of over 300 mathematics assessment tasks developed during the project remains freely available through this web site. Teachers may use these materials in their own classrooms at no cost.
This website contains previously released TIMSS items at the 4th and 8th grade levels. The items are organized by standard and include multiple choice, short constructed response, and extended constructed response.
- This website contains previously released NAEP items at the 4th, 8th, and 12th grade levels. The items are searchable by standard, grade level, type of question, and level of difficulty.
- Figure This! is a Public Outreach campaign designed to engage families of middle school students in working on mathematics together. The campaign consists of 80 math challenges organized by standard . They are designed for middle school students and their families to work on at home but could also be used in the classroom.
The public site contains assessment items and student work that demonstrates sample responses to assessment items. The concept addressed and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skill (TEKS) are used to sort the tasks.
- This website contains a collection of 580 lessons for PreK - 12 math educators which are searchable by grade band, standard, or specific topic.
- This website includes math and science activities which incorporate Texas Instruments technology at the middle school level.
- This website includes K-12 math and science activities which incorporate Texas Instruments technology. The activities are searchable by subject, topic, and type of technology.
- This website contains archived high school math activities which incorporate Texas Instruments technology. These activities are searchable by standard and type of technology.
- This website contains math and science lessons which make use of Google Earth.
- GeoGebra is free mathematics software for teaching and learning which incorporates interactive graphics, algebra, and spreadsheets appropriate for elementary through high school students. The site also contains a
which is a free pool of teaching materials for the dynamic mathematics software GeoGebra. Everyone can contribute and upload materials! All contents of this pool may be used free of charge.
- This website contains lesson plans which can be used to introduce or reinforce technology skills. They’re ready to use as is or you can customize them to fit your specific teaching and learning goals. The lesson plans are searchable by subject, type of technology, and grade level.
- This website contains virtual manipulatives which are searchable by grade level and standard. Each virtual manipulative contains teacher information for how to make use of the manipulative. This site also contains
**free lessons and activities**
for grades 2 through high school which make use of the virtual manipulatives.
- This website is the Pennsylvania Standards Aligned System portal which contains a searchable bank of lesson plans and activities related to PA Standards. These can be searched by subject, grade level, course, or specific topic.
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation mathematics assessment database provides sample assessment items from grades 3 through 11. This database is part of a newly started United States project to collect sample items from summative assessments of APEC member economies.
- This website includes lessons for teachers, activities to use in and out of the classroom, games for young children and teens, adult literacy resources and reference materials for anyone in the education field, as well as for parents and afterschool practitioners.
The Exeter Mathematics Institute courses are tailored and designed for the needs of each school district. These sample course descriptions are examples of courses that have been offered in various school districts over the years. In most of these courses, we use the same Exeter Mathematics Problem Sets that are used during the Exeter school year. In the Geometer’s Sketchpad course and in all of the hands-on courses, we use materials that have been specifically developed by Exeter Math Institute instructors. All of these materials are available using the links below.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"